Kirk Greene, a coworker of Jim and me, joins us today, and general hilarity ensues. Thanks for being brave enough to come on the show Kirk!
Segment 1: InfoSec News Update
- MS08-067 – Server Service Exploit – Can you say WORM!
- PauldotCom – Securing Cisco routers
- No Tech Hacking at Bluehat
- BART updating it’s Security
- Cool tool – Mapping IP to BGP AS Numbers
- A little FUD, but good info in Fortify’s paper on E-Voting
- Kirk, Jim, and I slam some vendors on drinking their own Kool-Aid, i.e. not running directly competing products in your production network!
- Geek Toys – 8 Gig laptops and how Apple sucks (Jim said it!) – and Kirk reminds Jim that this is an Infosec podcast AGAIN.
- Consultants Corner – Kirk opens up the PA DSS discussion, and we talk about some possible ramifications to the POS (“point of sale” for clarification) industry
- We say goodbye, but not before we turn this whole podcast into a political debate (not really) since the next podcast will be AFTER the election (the most important one in history according to everyone that said that about the last election)
- Intro/Outro – Digital Breaks – “Therapy”
- Segway 1 – Jimmie Bratcher – “Bad Religion”
- Segway 2 – Kickstart – “Theme Song”